Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Don't Wanna Grow Up


This month I turn twenty-seven. I am getting old! I have never liked the thought of becoming an adult. I don't like the responsibility that comes with being an adult. I miss the good ole days when all I had to worry about was making my bed and doing my homework. Whether I like it or not, life is going to get more and more complicated for me. I guess I just have to suck it up and do the things I don't like to do. Yesterday, Derrick came over and helped me look up some majors that I might be interested in. Those of you who know me know that I loathe talking about my educational goals; and that's why I haven't graduated after all these years. My top choice, as of right now, is graphic design. I don't know too much about the subject, but, I have always excelled in art and have a keen eye for detail. I am planning on speaking with an adviser next week to determine what classes I would have to take (I am crossing my fingers that I won't have to take any more math or science classes). If I get accepted into the University of Utah, it would take me about three years to graduate from the program! I would be thirty by the time I graduated! That is so depressing to me. Talk about a late bloomer!

9 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Better late than never. Seriously.

And, you could consider SLCC before going to the U. Just think about it. Dont' close that door before you get there.

Rebecca said...

I think graphic design sounds great for you! Either SLCC or the U would be a good choice. Good Luck.

retoddb said...

Brian. graphic design is a wonderful Choice! Very good field to be in. I am loving it. I know you will really be good at it.

retoddb said...

This is cool

"So you think you might have what it takes to become a graphic designer? Where do you go from here?"
http://www.adigitaldreamer.com/articles/becomeagraphicdesigner.htm

Scott and Jess said...

brian! you think it is great that you are getting your education, doesn't matter how old or young you will be when you graduate!!! you are a great and will totally succeed in whatever field you choose. and you know....social work is always needing more men in the field....we could be classmates! haha, i'm excited for you.
jess

Anonymous said...

In three years you will be thirty, whether or not you go to school. Go to school and then you will be thirty, with a degree instead of thirty without a degree. When you are forty you'll laugh that you thought thirty was old.

Aunt Tracy

Heather Walker said...

Thats ok Brian, Curtis was 33, and still has to go back to get his Masters.

Heather Walker said...

Oh yes, graphic design is a wonderful choice. I have loved designing and creating art on the computer, even more than I have, drawing and painting.

Harvard Heinous said...

Cool, you embedded my video in your blog! Glad you liked it enough to share it!