Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Enjoy Being Clapped At




















This morning, my friend, Katie Blunt, and I sang a duet for the Mountain Vista United Methodist Church in South Jordan. It was a lot of fun. It was a unique experience to see how another religion conducts its services. Pastor Steve Reinhard was very welcoming and appreciative of us. After we sang our song, the congregation began to clap for us. That's definitely not something I'm used to hearing at church. I have to admit that I liked it. Applause is something you can never have enough of. It makes me happy when people like what I'm singing. I'm envious of professional musicians who receive standing ovations from thousands upon thousands of fans every night. That would be utterly fantastic!

5 comments:

Mrs Nancy said...

What a great experience! You are blessed to be able to sing so good!

Natalie said...

thats awesome!!!
Hey when are you gonna add my blog to your blog list? Or am I not cool enough :)

eclaires said...

Bravo! (I'm clapping.)

Heidi Mecham said...

I bet that was a fun experience. I have to admit I envy that too! I bet it would be very thrilling to be a professional singer and to get applause after every performance! That would be a dream come true! Maybe someday, huh!

The Schneiders said...

I love it! Fabulous. It is soo fun to read your writing. Keep them coming.