
About a month ago I went on a road trip to Washington and Oregon with my friend, Derrick. Neither of us had been to that part of the country which made it all the more fun. We first stopped off in Seattle. I could not believe how beautiful it was! The abundant green trees, the cool temperature, the idyllic lakes. I was in heaven! I guess that being from Arizona, I am easily impressed by places that have more to offer than just cactus! We crammed in as much sight-seeing as we could. We took an elevator up the Space Needle, went to the Experience Music Project, took a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island, walked through Pike Place Market, went on an underground city tour and felt the mist from Snoqualmie Falls. There was not enough time to do everything we wanted to do. After Seattle, we drove to Forest Grove, Oregon to visit my sister and her husband. We were able to see the Oregon coast and frolic around in the Pacific Ocean (where I found numerous seashells). We went to Portland and visited Powell's Books, the largest new and used bookstore in the world. We also toured the Tillamook Cheese factory. It was a wonderful trip and well worth the money we spent on gas. I am so glad I went out of my way to see the Northwest. I can't wait to go back!



3 comments:
Welcome back to the blogosphere... :) I'm glad your trip was so fun. The northwest is absolutely beautiful.
Sounds so beautiful, makes me REALLY want to go.
*sigh*
That is indeed wonderful. I love roadtrips. I'm glad you got to go! :-D
Post a Comment