Monday, May 26, 2008

An Unexpected Surprise!











Today, my friends and I went to Dee's for some Memorial Day breakfast. I had just come back from Gold's Gym, so I was looking pretty haggard. The breakfast was delicious and of course, I ate too much. When I was at the register to pay for my meal, my friend turned to me and said, "Why is the Prophet here?" I turned around, and sure enough, there was President Monson with his wife talking with my other friends. I was definitely taken aback. I didn't want the president of the church to see me looking the way I did. I almost wanted to hide. All my other friends shook his hand, but I was afraid to. It's weird to think that I was standing two feet away from God's mouthpiece! I didn't feel worthy to be in his presence. Of all the places in the world, I would have never thought the prophet would be at Dee's! It goes to show that Dee's isn't just a place for weirdos and freaks!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

wow! That is awesome! I wish I would have been there! What are you talking about? Not being worthy. Your silly!

Heidi Mecham said...

That's awesome. Did you ever end up going to talk to him? I be you looked fine even after your workout!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! That's awesome!!!! Yah, did you go talk to him?

Heather Walker said...

That is so cool! Your so lucky! And just like Heidi said, I bet you still looked handsome, like always.

Adrianne & her Toddler said...

That is amazing! You are so lucky to have seen him! I'm sure he wouldn't have even notice how you looked.

Mrs Nancy said...

What a wonderful experience! I love Pres. Monson, the poetic Prophet!

Unknown said...

Wow! lucky! why didn't you talk to him?!!! lol! Just because you worked out doesn't mean your not worthy! ;) I bet even the Lords mouth piece works out sometimes too! lol! Thats awesome you got to see him anyways! miss you and love ya tonz!