Monday, September 15, 2008

Thirteen Things I've Learned


1. I've learned that women like flowers, not teddy bears.
2. I've learned that women like to talk through misunderstandings instead of ignoring them.
3. I've learned that women like the smell of Old Spice deodorant.
4. I've learned that women don't like it when men put themselves down.
5. I've learned to give up when two women team up against you.
6. I've learned that you can't go wrong with giant birthday cards.
7. I've learned that if you move a woman's lamp by an inch, she will know the minute she walks into the room.
8. I've learned that I'm never going to find a girl who doesn't like to dance.
9. I've learned that many women secretly want to be Sydney Bristow.
10. I've learned that getting my hair cut in the kitchen is unacceptable.
11. I've learned that women can get as excited about their garden as they can about a date.
12. I've learned that some candles are to be looked at and not lit
13. I've learned that life can be a musical.

9 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

You ARE brilliant. Good job on paying attention. :-D

BS said...

WOW! Did you write this yourself, Brian. This is a stand-up comedy routine waiting to be delivered. Great observations!!

Sassmaster said...

That picture cracks me up. Perfect way to illustrate item number one.

Sassmaster said...

Ok. I love this post! :)

Anonymous said...

Wise man. Wise man.

Scott and Jess said...

oh brian, no one is greater than you. but don't worry, you could move my lamp into a different room and I would never notice. loves

Evan said...

Brian:

I hear that you are coming to the great state of Texas soon. I am saddened that our blog isn't linked on yours. Did you draw those sketches on the right side? Your amazing!

Sharona said...

Very well done! But it gets even more complicated. Because these rules will apply to most women, but then you'll apply them to one who they don't apply to and it could be disastrous. We're just very very very complicated. But it sounds like your getting a good foundation for understanding. :)

laura said...

i have no idea who you are, (linked to you through jed and amber) but your 'what a woman is' list is the absolute first that i can say 'yup.' to almost everything. wow. pure genius! =)