You would not believe what I witnessed today on the freeway. I was driving on I-15 near a pick-up truck that was hauling a boat, when out of nowhere, a cat jumped from the boat onto the freeway. The cat didn't land on its feet, but, it managed to get up and proceeded to run across the lanes of traffic. The driver of the vehicle didn't seem to notice his cat plummeting to the asphalt. I sure hope the cat survived, however, I'm not optimistic. Lately, I've been realizing that I hate seeing animals suffer. I know that comes as a shock to most of you. I'll give you a few examples. My grandma set a mouse trap in our house because several people have seen mice scurrying around. She asked me to check the trap to see if we had caught anything, and sure enough, we had. As I was walking towards the garbage can to throw it away, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the creature. I even feel sorry for fish! About ten years ago, my family and I went fishing in Alaska. My brother caught a fish right off the bat and was instructed to beat the fish against a rock to kill it. He couldn't do it. Of course, I thought he was a wuss. When it was my turn to bludgeon the fish to death, I found myself hesitating as well. I couldn't even bear to see the fish struggle for its last breath! Maybe I should go see a psychiatrist.
11 years ago



6 comments:
brian! that is cute. also good work on updating so much!!! i am proud. and i definitely want you to keep wearing your cow shirt!
Brian! You are such a softy! And I luf you!
I am, indeed, surprised that you have a soft place in your heart for any animal besides a human. :) You make me proud. :)
You should talk to Adrianne, she is the same way. You two could relate. But I guess I've got to admit that I'm the same way too.
So, you have compassion on animals (except dogs), but I get made fun of for having compassion on people who get in car accidents on the freeway?
I'm exactly the same way. I'm so bad, I can't even bring myself to swat mosquitoes. I'm probably going to end up with West Nile virus!
Post a Comment