Monday, March 23, 2009

Elevator Awkwardness











Everyday I find myself in an elevator, and everyday I cross my fingers that no one will be in the elevator with me. There's not enough time to spark up a conversation with a fellow elevator-rider and if there were enough time, what could you say other than, "What floor are you heading to?" or "That's a nice blouse." I avoid eye contact altogether and stare intently at the corner of the box. To make matters worse, some elevators assume fifty people are getting on and take about two minutes to close! Honestly, why don't we abolish elevators and switch to escalators? The only people that should be forced to use these horrid death boxes is the handicapped!

2 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh Brian! You slay me!

You know, I have to ride in an elevator every day too. I hate that awkwardness too. But, mostly, I hate when people take the elevator to go DOWN ONE flight of stairs. Are they honestly that out of shape?

Adrianne & her Toddler said...

Brian you are so funny! But it is so true! It is always so awkward!